Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankfulness

"Let your roots grow down into Him, and let your lives be built on Him. Then your faith will grow strong in the TRUTH you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness." Colossians 2:7

"Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth! Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before Him, singing with joy. Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are His. We are His people, the sheep of His pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving; go into His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and His faithfulness continues to each generation." Ps. 100

My list of thanksgiving:
  • I'm thankful for my husband's (and his entire unit) safe return from Afghanistan.
  • I'm thankful for my beautiful family of 4 girls and a wonderful husband~even on the hard days when everyone is crabby.
  • I'm thankful for my extended family. My mom, sister, brother, all my nieces and nephews, all my in-laws, and my Grandma. 
  • I'm thankful that "family" doesn't have to mean blood related. Some family members are born from the heart~The Blair's.
  • I'm thankful for the time I was able to spend with my dad in the weeks before he died in July.
  • I'm thankful for God's redeeming love and how that love overflowed into my father's life in his last months.
  • I'm thankful for my friendship with Stacy. She is a friend who loves me enough to speak the truth in love. She is always there with a hug, a prayer, an ear, and a shoulder. She taught me the power of a Reese's peanut cup, that coffee always tastes better when drinking it with a friend, and that doing the right thing isn't always easy but totally worth it in the end. Romans 1:12. Proverb 27:17. 
  • I'm thankful for Elyzabeth, Jill, Jobeth, Kendra, and Nicole~my Deployment Diva's. This past year would not have been as do-able without these beautiful women. The fun, laughter and understanding you lady's brought into my life will have lasting effects.
  • I'm thankful for the house that my husband built and has helped me make into a home.
  • I'm thankful for my husband, the way he loves me, the way he loves our girl's, and the  the way he works so hard to provide for us.
  • I'm thankful for God's amazing and bountiful grace.
  • I'm thankful God is patient with me and loves me more than I will ever comprehend.